The New Playground!

One month ago 26 Americans came to the Philippines to build a new playground for IGSL! It was fun because some families came with kids that we know. And it was fun to see my principals from LCS!

IMG_7275

The first day we dug a lot of holes. We also lifted up concrete.  All of the kids took turns banging a hammer at a cement block.

IMG_7264

IMG_7077On the second day we had all of the pieces  for the new playground. They arrived in the middle of the night on our second night of the week! Me and my friend Lana Bird were lifting a lot of poles. It was hard work so I was really happy when we went swimming on Thursday morning. The whole time we worked, the kids here at IGSL were so excited that they just stood and stared while we worked. By the time the cement dried, we did a dedication.

11127810_10153766332437786_3250537246523638908_nAfter the dedication the kids all ran to the playground. It was really cool to see all of the kids on the playground even the older kids were playing. I also want to give a special thank you to LCS  for all the letters they gave to the kids here and for all of the money they donated to the playground. I also want to thank the playground team for coming to build the playground.

IMG_7321THANK YOU!!!     A lot of new kids are here now and are playing on the playground.  My family had a lot of fun hosting and working on the project.  See some pictures we took while building the playground. Enjoy :)

P.S. Please pray for Nepal were the earthquake was.

IMG_7260 - Version 2

14 thoughts on “The New Playground!

1. Sarah yetter

Morgan, this playground looks amazing and I’m really proud of your hard work and of your whole team over there. Kids will be enjoying that space for many years to come! I will join you in praying for Nepal and the families of students that you know. Love, sarah

1. brian.virtue@cru.org Post author

Thank you Sarah also thank you for praying for Nepal A lot of kids here play on the playground everyday Morgan :)

2. Uncle Jeff

Great job! From Christine’s vision to the blood, sweat, and tears of getting it done! Does anybody miss the jagged rusty slide?

1. brian.virtue@cru.org Post author

Thanks Jeff I don’t think anyone misses the old slide I wish you,Kelly,Maddie,Leia,and Jonny could have came with the playground Miss you and Love you Morgan :)

3. Carrie

Well done, you guys! I’m impressed at all your hard work! it looks great! I wish we could’ve been there to help out and hammer that cement with you :) love you so much!

1. brian.virtue@cru.org Post author

Thanks Carrie I wish you,Dave,Adel,and Cora could have came and helped build the playground. How is the baby? Have you decided on a name yet? I miss you all and love you all Love, Morgan :)

4. Brenda Barton

A little of my heart will always be there with you. I am praying for you, for our friends in Nepal, and for God to continue to use your family in mighty ways. Hugs!

1. brian.virtue@cru.org Post author

Thank you Brenda How is Sara? Is it hard being the principle at LCS? I really miss you and Sara Please say Hi to Sarah for me Morgan :)

5. Robert Bowen

Morgan – always love your blog and never get tired of seeing photos of the playground project – and we have shown them to everybody we know! Love, Papa

1. brian.virtue@cru.org Post author

Thanks Papa I’m glad you liked my blog I really miss you guys and love you Please say Hi to Grandma for me Love,Morgan :)

6. Auntie Laurie

The playground is AWESOME! OMG! Look at all that was accomplished! I am so proud of you and your mama and your whole family! You guys made this happen!!! Unbelievable! We wish, wish, WISH, that we could play on it with you guys. UGH! Well done, Little Lady!!!

1. brian.virtue@cru.org Post author

Thanks Aunt Laurie I also wish you guys could come and play on the playground with us Miss you and Love you Morgan :)